Codex Universal Test Target
UTT ObjectsMembers of the »UTT-community« consist of persons working at organizations in the digital and document imaging business. Their interest is the determination and the description of digitizing quality on a common base.
- The UTT community of interest is an open consortium with registered members.
- Membership is for persons from organisations in the digital and document imaging business.
- Membership is non anonymous (named membership).
- New Members can only join the community through invitation by existing members.
- The Membership is free of charge.
- Members have to state their use and support of the UTT standard officially on their company web site.
- The organisation to which a member belongs is listed on and linked to the UTT website as a UTT supporting organisation. On request member names can be mentioned as well.
- Members place links on their web site to the UTT Info web site.
- Only Members will have access to the UTT discussion forum on the UTT web site.
About the UTT Targets
- Target descriptions and Tolerances are given in a technical specification document available from the UTT web site.
- The information is accessible to members only.
3.2 Measuring with UTT
- Members agree that if they state quality parameters based on UTT Targets that the targets they use were manufactured to the specifications and tolerances of the UTT.
- They additionally state which software was used to analyse the results.
- Members agree to support international standards for the evaluation wherever possible.
3.3 Change requests
Requests for modifications have to be supported by at least 3 different members of the community before being considered as a change request to be tested.
The change request has to be tested for
- Production purposes,
- No effects to already existing components or specification of the targets (except replacement/upgrade/enhancement to one of these components.
- Change request has to be in line with / aims on a ISO / National / Common Standards
- Is needed to describe an up to now unknown or not included quality parameter for digital imaging.
- After testing the change request is voted by the community. It is necessary to have more than 75% yes-votes of all members in a named e-mail election out of the community.